METS offers several sponsorship opportunities for individuals,
organizations and businesses that value equine welfare
and support the mission of METS.
The cost of caring for a horse is substantial. In fact, financial hardship is a common reason that owners look to transition their horse. While METS seeks out the best transition options, some horses will need interim care. Other horses may participate in short-term rehabilitation or re-training programs in preparation for transition to a more permanent home.
By sponsoring a horse, you ensure that a specific horse receives great care and the best chance for a successful transition. Sponsorships are available for 6 months and 1 year.
Sponsors can also choose to support a specific component of METS. For instance, sponsors can focus on:
- Equine Assessment to help cover the costs of sending a METS team to the horse’s location and the tools and equipment needed to conduct a thorough mobile assessment.
- Equine Transportation to help cover the costs of moving a horse from its current location to a transition site.
- Preparing Horses for Transition to help cover the costs of Coggins testing, vaccinations, or other exams needed for a horse to have a better chance of placement.
- Equine Quarantine to help with the costs of providing appropriate quarantine facilities and care
- Equine Training to help with the costs of professional training, which can increase the horse’s value and placement options.
- Bridges to Peace to help cover the costs of humane euthanasia when it is in the best interest of the horse and the owner cannot afford to do so.
Become a Sponsor
For more information about sponsorships, contact us via our contact page.